Saturday 24 August 2013

Patricia March




Patricia March's works are concerned with movement and time. He exquisite drawings capture fleeting seconds of expression and minute action. 

"I have always had a huge interest in cinema and photography, I believe this interest comes from the little moments on the big screen, together with my interest in the perception of ‘time.’ That is what has motivated me to investigate the sequence and progression of time through paper. I think sometimes, only by observing flashes of time from a distance can you see the real person. Their expressions or gestures, their way of walking, their look, or simply by seeing them stand quietly, are the often the real insights into somebody’s life. I grab flashes of people’s lives, then invest my time into turning this flash of time into the representation of a life." Patricia March

No comments:

Post a Comment